Technology in dentistry is constantly advancing. Some procedures have tried-and-true successes that have lasted the test of time; however it is the responsibility of your dentist to address your dental concerns and create appropriate treatment strategies based on state-of-the-are dental technologies. In addition to the care, skill, and knowledge needed to produce world-class dentistry, having the latest in technological tools and materials is a necessity. It is our commitment to provide the latest in technological advancements for our patients.
Itero Element Digital Scanning System
A recent upgrade at our office, the Itero Element is a digital scanning device designed to scan prepared teeth for seamless transmission to laboratories where precision fitting restorations are created. This creates products with markedly less distortion than conventional models. Additionally, our Element technology allows us to maintain records of your teeth indefinitely in a cloud-based back-up for retrieval on-demand and for Invisalign treatment. We are very excited to extend this top quality technique to our patients!
AVADENT Digital Dentures
This changes dentures forever. With AvaDent Digital Dentures, Dr. Thakkar can cut your time in the dentist chair in half! The AvaDent system takes digital records and creates your virtual denture right on the computer. Once the design is perfect, it is precision milled for extreme accuracy and fit. Should you ever lose or damage your denture, we can produce an exact duplicate using the records on file.
In addition to its exceptional fit and esthetics, the AvaDent denture is more bio-hygienic. A patented process reduces the buildup of bacteria which can cause sore spots and “denture breath”.
Dexis DEXcamTM 3
Another highly technical digital tool used by Dr. Thakkar and her hygiene department, is the intraoral digital video camera. The tiny device is a video camera that moves around inside the mouth and records a tooth by tooth video exam. The images can be stored and later enlarged and printed. As it is difficult to see inside your mouth the intraoral camera provides a previously unseen magnified view. The pen-sized camera features a disposable cover to prevent contamination and is completely painless to use. As the camera moves around the mouth it sends video images to a computer which are then displayed on a monitor.
- Provide a higher standard of care for patients
- Help detect cavities and fractured teeth
- Evaluate the condition of existing restorations under high magnification
- Provide documentation for insurance claims
- Properly inform and educate patients
- Visually observe hard to see parts of the mouth
- Document and to monitor dental problems.
DEXIS™ DEXcam 4 HD
High Definition Intraoral Video Camera
Create immediate visual impact with high-definition images from DEXIS™ DEXcam™ 4 HD. Used for diagnosis, education, and collaboration, the images from the DEXcam 4 HD intraoral camera are clear and highly detailed; and the camera is easy to use, reliable, and portable.
- 1.3-million pixel CMOS sensor delivers high-resolution images that remain clear and crisp
- Precision 7-element glass optical lens produces exceptional image quality and helps prevent image distortion
- Optimized to help ensure images maintain their natural color tones
- USB connection makes it a highly portable, plug-n-play camera
- Capture buttons featured on both sides to accomodate right and left handers
- A single press freezes the image; simply hold to save the image into the patient’s record
- Integrates brilliantly with DEXCapture software for guided and flexible workflows
DEXcam 4HD is compatible with DEXvoice™, an add-on module to the DEXIS imaging software that enables voice activation – Hands Free Workflow.
DEXIS™ CariVu™ is a compact, portable caries detection device that uses patented transillumination technology to support the identification of occlusal, interproximal and recurrent carious lesions and cracks.
Click here to learn about the ADA’s new CDT code impacting CariVu, D0600.
Watch Dr. Lou Graham deliver a clinical case presentation on CariVu.
What makes CariVu unique?
- Uses transillumination technology that makes enamel appear transparent while porous lesions trap and absorb light
- Allows the clinician to see through the tooth, exposing its structure and the actual structure of any carious lesions
- CariVu images read like familiar X-ray images
- Uses non-ionizing radiation which is ideal for children, pregnant women and patients who are X-ray averse
Our latest enhancements provide technology that is easy to use, delivers high-quality clinical imaging, and offers an amazingly simple workflow. Learn more about the new updates to CariVu 2.0 software in this short video.
Dexis Platinum Sensor Digital X-Ray System
Dexis Platinum Sensor maximizes both patient comfort and ease of use. DEXIS has enhanced its sensor housing design by refining the curvatures, redesigning the cable exit, upgrading the materials, and giving it a slimmer profile.
The ability to take vertical AND horizontal bitewings AND all periapicals with a single sensor eliminates the cost and inconvenience of using multiple sensors of different sizes.
Direct USB Connectivity
Image capture and processing electronics have been fully integrated into the sensor itself, replacing the need for a separate adapter or docking station. DEXIS is the first to offer gold plating on the sensor’s USB connector for better durability.
If you have questions about the iTero digital impression system, please contact our office for more information.