Dr. Nipa Thakkar, DMD MBS
Welcome to Dr. Nipa Thakkar’s dental clinic, where world-class dental care meets advanced expertise in the heart of West Chester, PA. Dr. Thakkar is a dedicated professional who has undergone rigorous training at the prestigious Pankey Institute for dental clinical excellence and she is also an American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine qualified dentist, making her your go-to source for comprehensive and cutting-edge dental solutions. As a Pankey-trained dentist, she is equipped with the skills and knowledge to transform your oral health, function, and aesthetics. This distinction means she is deeply committed to mastering the art and science of modern aesthetic and restorative dentistry.
Dr. Nipa Thakkar, is a New York native, is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry while member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and with Master’s in Biomedical Sciences with a concentration in Oral Biology from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Her father, Dr. Ramesh Thakkar is a practicing dentist in New York.
With a passion for dental excellence and a commitment to providing her patients with the highest quality care, Dr. Thakkar stands out as a leader in the field of modern aesthetic and restorative dentistry.
1. TMJ Disorders: If you suffer from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, Dr. Thakkar has the skills and knowledge to diagnose and treat these conditions, providing you with relief from pain and discomfort.
2. Complete Restorative Dentistry: Whether you need a simple filling or a complete smile makeover, Dr. Thakkar offers comprehensive restorative solutions tailored to your unique needs.
3. Cosmetic Dentistry: Achieve the smile of your dreams with our cosmetic dentistry services. Dr. Thakkar combines artistry and skill to enhance the aesthetics of your teeth, boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
4. Bite Alignment: A properly aligned bite is essential for both comfort and long-term oral health. Dr. Thakkar is dedicated to ensuring your bite functions harmoniously, preventing future problems.
5. Sleep Apnea : Sleep apnea can have a profound impact on your overall health. Dr. Thakkar can help you address this issue, improving your sleep quality and well-being. Dr. Thakkar is the founder of Sleep Better Solutions.
She has won numerous academic and leadership awards. Previously, she served as assistant clinical professor in department of restorative dentistry at University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Currently, Dr. Thakkar is Board of Trustees for the Pennsylvania Dental Association, Chairs the American Dental Association’s Council on Membership (on 2nd term), and serves as a board member of Eastern Dentist Insurance Company. She also participates in various dental study clubs and featured speaker for American Dental Association.
Awards and Scholarships:
- Temple School of Dentistry – 2022 Alumni Leadership Award
- ADA Henry Schein Cares Dr. David Whiston Leadership Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society- Kappa Kappa Chapter
- 2012 Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- American College of Dentists- Outstanding Student Leader Award
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry- Community Dentistry/Public Health Award
- American Student Dental Association 2011 District 3 Delegate of the Year
- American Student Dental Association 2011 National Delegate of the Year
- Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry 2010 Award of Excellence
- Sallie Mae Fund Scholarship for Advanced Education in Healthcare